WHPS was able to purchase the property next to the Henry Wickenburg Pioneer Cemetery. The lot was offered to WHPS for $1,500 plus closing costs. WHPS is hoping to create a parking area and have it landscaped with unusual desert cacti. WHPS would entertain the idea of including other organizations in this project and if there is an interest on their part, they can contact us at 928-684-5603 for further information.
Two of the state Quester groups have adopted the Henry Wickenburg home for part of their historic project and have donated an antique stove to the house to fulfill part of their chapter requirements. WHPS is grateful for their support.
Wickenburg Historical Preservation Society would like to thank the following people for their contributions:
- Chuck Harrington for all the volunteer hours that he’s donated toward repairing the house
- Bill and Susan Fox for repairing our flagpole at the Henry Wickenburg Pioneer Cemetery
- William Blue for offering the lot, located next to the Henry Wickenburg Pioneer Cemetery, to WHPS, at a value below market place
- Wade Nevers for helping with repairs
- All of our loyal members, generous donors, and dedicated volunteers who support the efforts and vision of the Wickenburg Historical Preservation Society